An Administrative Assistant Resume is drafted keeping in mind some of the important aspects like the objective statement, skill sets, power keywords, formatting types, experience section and many more. The responsibilities of and administrative assistant usually include managing the office and see to it that every department functions efficiently.
Usually, this job requires a lot of experience in office administration with appropriate skill sets. Hence, you need to expertly draft all these points in your resume to ensure that the employers find your profile interesting and call you for a personal interview.
What Employers Look in an Administrative Assistant Resume?
While choosing an employee for this job profile, employers often look for a well experienced candidate who is multi-talented and has several management level skills. Along with this the candidate must also possess essential educational qualifications.
The first judgment about a candidate is made by his/her administrative assistant career objective statement. The more clear and precise this statement is, better would be your impression on the employers. The next important section that attracts the employers in skills set of the candidate. They look at your skills and relate it with their organization. Hence, you must see to it that you mention the skills that are generic and are applicable to the industry you are applying.
Mentioning your prior job experience is another important thing in your resume. However, mentioning just the employer name is not enough. You must also see to it that you jot down all the responsibilities you performed in your prior job.
Skills of an Administrative Assistant
An administrative assistant is skilled in managing the office. Hence, his skill sets rotate on all the important aspects that help in efficient performance of the organization. Below are some of the skills that closely relate to this job profile and often captivate the employers:
- Communication Skills: An administrative assistant must be fluent with his communication. He/She is liable to interact with range of people on a daily basis frequently exchanging information about office proceedings.
- Organizational Ability: An administrative assistant must be multi-tasking and have the ability to organize his as well as his employers work efficiently. He/She must be smart enough to know how to manage a filing system, track incoming and outgoing correspondence and coordinate the flow of paper work around the office.
- Writing Skills: An administrative assistant must be good with his/her writing skills. Their regular work include sending across important emails, memos, business plans, etc. Hence, they must be proficient in documenting good and precise contents.
- Time Management: An administrative assistant is accountable to manage meetings, calls and work of his boss as well as himself. Hence, he/she must be efficient in time management.
- Technology Skills: This includes use of computers, printers, copy machines, scanners, etc.
- Problem Solving Skills: An administrative assistant requires great problem solving skills. Most of the time the employers put a lot of work on these assistant. Hence, you must be highly efficient in problem solving.
Now that you have understood the basic profile and skills set required for an administrative job, let take a look at administrative assistant resume sample below:
Administrative Assistant Resume Sample
Freddie K. Casella
1886 Prudence Street
Westland, MI 48185
Administrative Assistant with 5+ years of experience in preparation of flawless presentations, preparing facility reports, managing business meetings and events and maintaining utmost confidentiality, looking to leverage my knowledge and experience into a role as Administrative Assistant within your organization.
Skills and Proficiencies
- More than 5 years of professional experience in secretarial procedures
- Proficient communicational skills and client interactions
- Efficient multi-tasking abilities and skilled in completing time bound jobs
- Expert in time management, record maintenance and supply management
- Mastered written English with expertise in letter drafting, mail handling and transcribing dictation
- Efficient travel logistics and experienced in event coordination
ABC Pvt. Ltd.
Westland, MI 48185
2010 – Present
Jr. Administrative Assistant
- Interact with customers, customer service representatives and sales team to understand requirements and provide solutions
- Organize client meetings and events
- Attend, record and prepare minutes of meetings
- Scheduling and verifying appointments and meetings of managers
- Organize travel schedules and book reservations for the managers
- Prepare and maintain records, databases, invoices, presentations, brochures, etc.
XYZ Pvt. Ltd.
Westland, MI 48185
2008 – 2010
- Interact with clients and customers over incoming calls and electronic enquiries
- Greet and interact with clients and customers and take them to concerned person
- Perform periodic compilation of data and stats to maintain research activities
- Maintain office supply records
- Interact with Administrative Assistant and provide him essential details about travel schedules and booking reservations
- Organize meeting rooms and event conferences
Associate Degree in Office Administration, Westland Institute – 2008
Bachelors in Commerce, University of Westland – MI – 2006
Name: Freddie K. Casella
Date of Birth: June 1, 1986
Marital Status: Single
The above Administrative Assistant Resume Sample will help you give an idea about drafting your own resume.
You might also be interested in: