A cashier resume sample is a dummy example that guides you in drafting your own resume. This sample resume is drafted according to several guidelines and requirements for this job. Understanding the why this resume example is drafted and formatted will help you to compose your own job winning resume.
Before we actually look at the resume sample of a cashier, we must understand this job profile, its objective, required skills and its responsibilities. This will help us in writing one of the best resumes.
Today, each and every industry requires a cashier and is responsible for undertaking customer monetary transactions and maintains detailed records of cash transactions done by an organization. Hence, the job of a cashier is quite critical and requires immense professionalism, experience and appropriate qualifications.
Cashier Resume Skills
A cashier has to undertake several money transactions on a daily basis and thus is required to have the following set of skills and proficiencies:
- Expert counting and mathematical skills
- Proficient listening and communicating skills
- Experience in accepting cash from the customers and returning them change and receipts
- Knowledge about several cash transactions
- Familiarity in handling returns and exchange of goods
- Ability to bag and wrap purchases made by the customer
- Proven ability of using financial software and other computer software like MS Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.
Now that we have a brief idea about the cashier responsibilities and skills, let’s take a look at the best of sample resume given below.
CASHIER RESUME SAMPLE
Tony C. Johnson
3095 Milford Street, Manchester, NH 03101
Looking for a position as a cashier with an aspiring company where I can use my expert mathematical skills in operating daily cash transactions and providing exceptional customer support.
SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES
- 6+ years of professional experience in handling monetary transactions
- Proven abilities of exceptional customer service
- Proficient in written and verbal communications
- Expert in handling tough mathematical calculations
- Experienced in maintaining records and generating statements
- On hand experience in handling several financial software and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experienced in using printers, scanners and currency counting machines
ABC Mall, Manchester, NH
2009 – 2012
- Greeting customers and calculating the gross total of the products
- Check if the customer has any gift coupons or vouchers
- Redeem points if the customer has any loyalty cards
- Accept the cash and return the change and receipt
- Accept credit cards and perform required transactions
- Wrap and pack the customer products
- Educate customers about ongoing offers if any
XYZ Café, Manchester, NH
2012 – Present
- Handling all monetary transactions in the restaurant
- Keeping the track of the orders placed on all the tables
- Generate bills for each table according to the orders placed
- Receive cash or credit cards and return change and receipts
- Offer discounts on bills for loyal customers
- Deciding offers and prices for occasions and generate bills accordingly
- Carry out payments of workers, dealers and suppliers
Bachelor in Arts, University of Manchester, NH – 2009
High School Diploma, Manchester High School, NH – 2006
Name: Tony C. Johnson
Date of Birth: May 1, 1986
Marital Status: Single
Hope the above cashier resume sample educates you in understanding the different important aspects to consider while writing your resume. If you are copying the above resume as it is, ensure to make certain changes in the personal details and experience sections.
You might also be interested in: