Job Description of a Customer Service Manager
- Leading a group of customer services staff.
- Resolving complex issues and enquiries.
- Ensuring accurate communication records or in other words, the details of communication with customers are maintained properly.
- Assisting customers in using the company’s services or products.
- Issuing compensation to customers.
- Studying and analyzing statistics to find out the level of customer service the company is providing.
- Participating in discussion with other managers to understand how the customer service may be improved in order to retain existing clients and add new clients.
Skills of a Customer Service Manager
- Analytical skills required to master problem-solving techniques and break larger problems into smaller parts.
- Communication skills required to express ideas, listen carefully to others and communicate minutes of meetings and other discussions effectively to reduce misunderstandings.
- Leadership skills necessary for persuading and negotiating with others.
- Ability to understand emotion and manage emotions confidently.
- Ability to build relationships based on trust and loyalty with others.
- Capability to work on multiple projects and manage details without showing signs of worry or tension.
Customer Service Manager Resume Sample
65 Robert Street, Chicago
Skills and Proficiencies
- Areas of expertise include: customer service management, customer satisfaction enhancement, complaint handling and resolution, team building and training.
- Organization skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and maintain composure.
- Capability to deal with customers in a friendly manner and make them feel comfortable.
- Ability to coach and motivate others.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to analyze information.
- Ability to develop standards.
S-Mart Hypermarket, Chicago
Customer Service Manager
July 2010- present
- Leading a team of more than 40 staff members and motivating them with the aim of improving productivity and engagement and also increasing the store’s overall business.
- Ensuring all staff members work in accordance with operational and merchandising standards.
- Hiring great talents and training them too.
- Building strong bond with customers by keeping their preferences in the first position, handling their queries and complaints, providing them information regarding products and authorising refunds or similar compensations to them.
- Introducing training programs to enhance staff productivity.
- Analyzing vital management information to find out how well customers are treated and served.
Beans and Basket- The Store for All, Chicago
Customer Service Manager
October 2007- June 2010
- Maintained professional and positive relationships with colleagues, senior managers and customers.
- Looked after the overall sales progress of the store.
- Analyzed complex problems that resulted owing to products’ delivery and handling issues; and arrived at probable solutions while communicating the same to senior managers.
- Communicated with customers on a daily basis to get their valuable feedbacks and suggestions.
SKM University, Chicago
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, 2006