An engineering cover letter sample will help you write your cover letter while sending your resumes to the employers. A cover letter is a summary of your job application that gives the recruiter a brief idea about who you are, the purpose of sending your resume, and how do you consider yourself eligible for the applied job position.
The job of an engineer is one of the most crucial jobs and often requires good experience along with relevant skills and proficiencies. Hence, an engineer resume must be drafted with utter excellence and along with an equally effective engineering cover letter.
There are several points one must consider while writing their cover letter. Let’s discuss some of them before we actually take a look at the sample cover letter.
Points to Consider While Writing an Engineering Cover Letter
- Personal Information: Mention your personal information like your name, address, contact number and e-mail id before starting your cover letter. This information helps the employer understand the person they have received the application from.
- Greetings to the Recruiter: After introducing yourself, greet the concerned person. If you know the person’s name, do mention it along with their designation and company name. If you are unaware of the person’s name, simply mention Sir/Madam.
- Mention the Subject: Don’t forget to mention the subject before starting out the actual content of your cover letter. The subject gives the employer an idea about the reason and position you are applying for.
- Introduction: In the first paragraph of your cover letter try to introduce yourself. However, try to avoid writing your name once again. You can start with the reason you are writing this letter, where did you come to know about this job position and a pointer to your engineering resume.
- Cover Letter Body: The body of your cover letter must include 2-3 paragraphs of 3-4 short sentences each. Keep it short, precise and to the point. Avoid writing your resume in the cover letter. However, do not fail to mention your potentials in brief.
- Conclude: Thank the recruiter for considering and going through your application. Don’t forget to insert your signature at the end.
Hope these pointers will help you to understand the different factors that play key role while writing a cover letter. Now, let’s take a look at the Engineering Cover Letter Sample to know more details of the same.
ENGINEERING COVER LETTER SAMPLE
EARL R. BURNS
2254 Olen Thomas Drive
Wichita Falls, TX 76301
July 29, 2014
Mr. Robert M. Bond
Prime Media Solutions
Wichita Falls, TX
Dear Mr. Bond,
Re: Application for Engineering Job Position
I wish to apply for the engineering position as advertised by you on jobs.usa.com recently. I have attached my resume addressing the position requirements.
I am a self-motivated engineer with 5+ years of core experience in domestic as well as multi-national companies. My relevant educational background and prior job experiences have provided me with adequate knowledge along with research & analysis, problem solving and interpersonal skills.
My current employer Tesla Industries Ltd. deals with manufacturing industrial components and setups and my responsibilities their include research & analysis, generating project reports, planning organizing & coordinating departments to accomplish projects, develop functionalities to solve problems, and follow testing procedures.
In all the positions I have held throughout my career, I have proved strong dedication and accomplishment towards my work.
I look forward for an opportunity for a personal interview where we can discuss more about my eligibility for the position.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Earl R. Burns
Hope this engineering cover letter sample helps you in drafting your own cover letter. Do not forget to attach your resume along with the cover letter. You can even use the above sample cover letter for personal use by making necessary changes in it.
You might also be interested in: