The receptionist cover letter sample will guide you on drafting a smart introductory letter that will give the employer a brief idea about who you are and how are you eligible for the applied job. Though the cover letter guides the recruiter about your basic information, one must ensure to include only valid and important information here. Any unnecessary information can create a bad impression and would refrain the employer from taking a look at your receptionist resume.
Hence, an applicant must keep in mind several important factors before drafting their cover letter. A cover letter is basically drafted after a resume and hence we consider that you are already done with your resume. If not, you can take a look at a sample receptionist resume here to understand the job description and skills of a receptionist. This information will give you a brief idea about the content you will also be using in your receptionist cover letter.
Anyways, now considering that you are well acquainted about the resume and the content in it, let’s take a look at the points to be included in your cover letter:
- Start your cover letter with a clear subject line. A recruiter usually gets a lot of emails every day. Make the employer understand the reason you have sent the email to decide its urgency. In this case the subject line can be, “Application for the Receptionist Job Position”
- After the subject line, educate the employer how you came to know about this opening and a pointer that you have attached your resume along with the cover letter.
- Next come your abilities that make you eligible for this job post. Ensure you just mention only the highly logical and essential skills and avoid listing all of them.
- If you are an experienced candidate you must mention the details of your current employer in one of the paragraphs in your cover letter. You must also write the responsibilities you perform there.
- Conclude your letter by a thankful gesture
Hope these pointers help you in writing a good cover letter for yourself.
RECEPTIONIST COVER LETTER SAMPLE
NORMA S. JACKSON
3292 Circle Drive,
Houston, TX 77032
August 8, 2014
Mr. Tom K. Moody
Circle Pvt. Ltd.
Dear Mr. Moody,
Re: Application for Receptionist Job Position
I wish to apply for the position of Receptionist with your organization as advertised by you on LinkedIn.com. I have attached my resume addressing the position requirements.
I am an expert front desk receptionist with 5+ years of experience and proficiencies in handling telephonic conversations, data management, file maintenance, record keeping and on-hand experience in software like MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Currently I am working with ABC Associates Pvt. Ltd. and my responsibilities here include front-desk representation, customer service, scheduling meeting with high authorities, maintaining visitor and employee details and routing management emails to the employees.
Looking for an opportunity of a personal interview where we can discuss more about my eligibility for the Receptionist job position.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Hope the above Receptionist Cover Letter Sample guides you about the content to be included in your cover letter. You can even copy the above cover letter for your personal use by making necessary changes in it.
You might also be interested in: