The cover letter gives an employer a brief idea about the reason you are sending them the mail along. This further helps them in deciding the priority. Since, your cover letter is the first document seen by the recruiter, it must be perfect and comprise every essential point that drives him/her to see your resume.
An efficient cover letter is the one which is short yet precise and educate the employer most about you. While writing your truck driver cover letter you must make sure to follow the below given points to come up with an amazing letter.
TRUCK DRIVER COVER LETTER TIPS AND GUIDELINES
- Start your cover letter with your full name, mailing address, contact number and e-mail address. This information should be followed by the date on which you are submitting the letter
- Next comes in the employers or recruiter’s name, designation and organization
- Followed by the employer details, define a crisp subject line that educated the employer the reason behind the letter
- Now, start your letter by greeting the employer. Your first paragraph must then inform how you got to know about the recruitment for truck driver job position
- The second paragraph must educate the employer about your skills and proficiencies that make you ideal for the truck driver job position.
- The third paragraph of your cover letter must comprise of your prior job experiences (if any) that make your eligible for the certain position.
- Conclude your cover letter thanking them for considering your application. You can also request them for a personal interview where you can interact with them and clear doubts if any.
TRUCK DRIVER COVER LETTER SAMPLE
Anton B. Price
703 Penn Street,
Manchester, MO 63011
September 20, 2014
Mr. John C. Benally
Heavy Truck Services,
Re: Application for Truck Driver Job Position
Dear Mr. Benally,
I am writing in reference to the advertisement published by you in the Manchester Times dated September 20, 2014 regarding the requirement of a Truck Driver. I have attached my resume addressing the position requirements.
I am a professional truck driver with 8+ years of experience in handling monster trucks, toing vans, dumping trucks and trailers. Possessing a CDL, I am well aware of driving laws, rules and regulations in the United States. Moreover, I have an on hand experience in reading location maps, handing GPS and navigation, maintaining travel logs, knowledge about vehicle maintenance and more.
Currently, I am working with Heavy Truck Services, Manchester, MO as a heavy truck driver and responsible for delivering goods to different destinations across the US, checking amount of good loaded and unloaded, manage expenses, and more.
I look forward for an opportunity for a personal interview where we can discuss more about my credentials and eligibility for this job position.
Thanking you for your time and consideration.
Hope the above truck driver cover letter sample guide you on how to write an effective truck driver cover letter. Follow the above tips and guidelines and refer the above sample cover letter to write yours.
You Might Also Be Interested In: